Thursday, November 26, 2009

Saving the Best for Last

TeamCuzz put in a scintillating 2nd-half performance in their penultimate game of the season to thrash FC Premier 6-0. Goals came courtesy of a brace each from Hafizudin & Haikal, while Shahrudin & Faizul picked up solitary goals as well. The win seemed never in doubt, as TeamCuzz managed to dominate the game despite playing with a man short for a large part of the 1st half.

"Brilliant show! Worth the 2 hours of my life!" declared TeamCuzz's spectator aka part-time photographer aka trainee physiotherapist aka part-time ball picker aka injured player Nasir. "I would have joined in the fun had I brought my boots, but then I decided not to since I'm too tired coz I went roller-blading earlier in the day. In any case, I was proud of Angah. Though everyone deserved that award, especially our no25, I think Angah deserves it in his own right." Angah is the adoring name for Nasir's once-cute little brother, Naiimm. The youth became the latest recepient of the MotM Award. It was even sweeter considering he was donning the TeamCuzz black for the first time and on his Espzen debut, played as a striker, right midfielder and leftback. His versatility clearly showed, though fans (& players) would want him to try out in his destined position - between the sticks.

The win means TeamCuzz ends the season in a respectable 3rd position, with a healthy goal difference of 21. However, the significance of the win holds even more meaning to TeamCuzz players than it seemed. With the win, the 'Adidas black' jinx is broken. TeamCuzz can finally forget about that mental battle and start putting their full focus on the pitch, where it all matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive