Monday, January 11, 2010

Invictus (Unconquered)

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank God for who He may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.


The poem is written by an English poet, William Ernest Henley, and slightly edited by me. As RedSaga looms large in our horizon, a little reminder might be useful. In our quest for league supremacy, always give your all in every way. Step up to the plate when that opportunity arise, for that could probably make a whole lot of difference. Push yourself to the limit (& if possible even over it) to ensure we attain that favourable result in the end. For if you don't, you will only be left to reflect and regret. Regrets can only mean one thing - you're no longer the master of your fate nor the captain of your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive